The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana scheme was launched by the Narendra Modi government to make housing accessible to all sections of the society at affordable rates. PMAY was launched in 2015 and will be executed in a phased manner across the country and the project is likely to be completed by 2022. Last date to Apply for PMAY Scheme and avail subsidy on Home Loan is 31st March 2022. But Last date for MIG(I & II) category under CLSS was 31st March 2021.
How to Apply in pmaymis.gov.in
Step: 1 – Log on to the PMAY website pmaymis.gov.in
Step: 2 – Choose the ‘Citizen Assessment’ option and click on the applicable choice: “For Slum Dwellers” or “Benefits under other 3 components”.
Step: 3 – Enter Aadhaar card details
Step: 4 – This will redirect you to the application page, where you will have to fill in all the details accurately.
Step: 5 – The details to be filled include name, contact number, other personal details, bank account and income details, among others.
Step: 6 – Once this is done, choose the ‘Save’ option and enter the Captcha code.
Step: 7 – Then, click on the ‘Save’ button. The application is now complete and a print out can be taken at this stage.
How to apply for PMAY scheme offline?
While individuals can apply for the PMAY scheme online using the steps mentioned above, they can also apply for it offline.
In order to apply for PMAY offline, you need to visit a Common Service Centre (CSC) made available by the state and union territory governments. There, you need to fill up and submit the application form provided by the officials after paying Rs.25 plus GST.
It needs to be mentioned here that no private entity/persons have been authorised by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) to collect this fee from any beneficiary under this scheme. If you have any further clarifications, you can call or write to:
How to Check PMAY Application Status Online?
Those who have applied for this scheme can check the status of the form and take a printout of the application. Let’s explore how.
There are basically 2 ways to track the PMAY Application Status
- With Assessment ID
- By entering other personal details such as Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No
Process to Check the PMAY Application Status with Assessment ID
Step: 1 – Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website: http://pmaymis.gov.in/Track_Application_Status.aspx or go to the ‘Citizen Application’ option and then choose the ‘Check Status’ button.
Step: 2 – When you hit the track button, there will be two options displayed: ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’ and ‘By Assessment ID’.
Step: 3 – Choose the ‘By Assessment ID’.
Step: 4 – Enter the Assessment ID & Mobile Number that was assigned when the form was filled and submitted.
Step: 5 – After filling in the details, click on the option called ‘Submit’.
Step: 6 – The user will soon know the stage at which his/her application is
rocedure to Check the Application Status of PMAY Scheme with Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No
Step: 1 – Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website (pmaymis.gov.in) and go to the ‘Citizen Application’ option and then choose the ‘Check Status’ button.
Step: 2 – After clicking on the know your status button, choose the ‘By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No’ option
Step: 3 – Once this is done, provide the State, District and City details
Step: 4 – The next step is to fill in the Name, Father’s name and Mobile Number
Step: 5 – Once this done, Click ‘Submit’
Step: 6 – Once this done, the status can be viewed
How to Download Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Application Form
Step:1- Log on to the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana website: pmaymis.gov.in
Step:2- Follow the steps listed above and access the application form by one of the two ways mentioned above.
Step:3- Click on the “print” option.
Terms and Conditions
- Only those who belong to economically weaker sections of society or lower income groups can apply for this scheme.
- If at any point of time the applicant has misrepresented facts, the loan may be cancelled and suitable legal action will be taken.
- If there is any misrepresentation in income proof, the loan granted will be cancelled and suitable legal action will be taken.
Benefits of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form
There are various advantages of applying for PMAY online. Below are the benefits:
- The online application is easy to fill and it provides applicants a hassle-free user experience
- Once the applicant has successfully submitted the application, it can be easily tracked online. This will help the user track the status of the application
Guidelines On Filling Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form
- It is first and foremost important to check if you are eligible to apply for the PMAY scheme
- To assess this, log on to the PMAY website and go to the PMAY beneficiary list to check this.
- Only those with an Aadhaar card can apply for this scheme
- All bank related and income related details have to be kept ready to apply for this scheme.
Documents Required for PMAY
- The applicant needs to provide their Aadhaar details and one cannot apply for this scheme without one
- For Identity and residential proof, the documents that can be furnished include PAN card, Voter ID, Driving License
- In case the applicant belongs to a minority community, the proof of the same needs to provided.
- There is need to provide proof of Nationality. This can be done using the passport
- Economically Weaker Section certificate or Low Income Group certificate should be provided
- Salary slips
- IT return statements
- Property valuation certificate
- Bank details and account statements
- Proof that the applicant does not own a ‘pucca’ house
- Proof that the applicant is constructing a home under the scheme